The Junior Counsel position is a general business lawyer that will play a valuable role in the company’s Legal Team. This position will primarily focus on day-to-day Counsel support and requires a strong client-service orientation.
- Draft, review, analyze, and negotiate a variety of contracts, including advertising services agreements and IOs.
- Review marketing emails and advertising materials for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Advise internal clients regarding legal and business issues, including identifying, managing and communicating risks and opportunities associated with specific agreements and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with the company’s sales, engineering, human resources, marketing, and finance groups to understand the company’s business, and financial and risk management objectives.
- Consistently anticipate, communicate and propose mitigation strategies for potential risks in contractual, regulatory, compliance, financial and legal areas.
- Conduct various additional other legal and ad hoc projects as required.
- 2+ years’ experience working with commercial agreements including drafting, negotiation, and analysis.
- JD from accredited law school and California Bar Admission.
- Some knowledge of digital media advertising is preferred.
- Data-driven mindset preferred.
- Ability to work closely with multiple internal business teams.
- Well organized, detailed oriented and adept in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing and implementing forms and processes that improve client outcomes.
- Highly competitive salary and bonus program participation.
- High quality health and dental care plans with no employee contributions and zero deductibles (in network). Flexible spending account.
- Open PTO Plan.
- 401K company contribution program (after one year).
- Professional training and education reimbursements.
- Generous employee perks (e.g., mobile phone program, gym membership, massages, lunches, pantry snacks).