DIRECTOR, EMPLOYMENT COUNSEL
Want to be part of a company that is changing the game for some of the world’s most notable brands and disruptive companies? We thought so.
The Director, Employment Counsel role is a tremendous opportunity to help shape the Legal Department at TaskUs. You will be responsible for managing all employment matters globally in close partnership with the people organization. This role presents a tremendous opportunity to shape our growth in new and existing markets while preserving an industry leading culture. You will work very closely with all levels of the organization and our law firms to navigate and counsel on matters unique to our CX and digital outsourcing industry and maintain compliance with all applicable labor and employment standards lead compliance efforts.
We are actively seeking a candidate who is a true self-starter, with a strong work ethic and organizational skills and who is above all else a creative problem solver – and the team will appreciate someone with a good sense of humor! The location of this role is flexible and may be located in the US, with a preference for proximity to one of our existing offices in San Antonio, TX or Santa Monica, CA. You will be reporting to the Vice President, Global Head of Legal based in California.
At TaskUs we look for individuals who are constantly striving for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. Our rapid growth demands high performance, and we're proud to say that we have a talented and motivated team along for the ride. If you’re looking for a new challenge or just want to be a part of something historic, join us. Let’s change the way the world works.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Draft employment agreements that support the entire employee lifecycle at TaskUs (e.g., employment contracts and offer letters, confidentiality agreements, and separation agreements)
- Conduct regular training on any identified changes in labor and employment laws and emerging risks in TaskUs’ business with a focus on retaining a leading workplace culture
- Review and establish governance model for managing employment policies and practices (including relevant in-country workers rules, investigations, accommodations, compensation, performance management, cross-border assignments, employee relations, terminations, leaves of absence)
- Investigate and respond to federal, state, provincial and other regulatory bodies inquiries or complaints regarding employment matters (e.g., EEOC), and immigration matters (with outside counsel support)
- Undertake audits, employee classification reviews, and establish effective compliance monitoring and support tools to ensure continued integrity of employment practices
- Support audit requests, RFPs responses and other requests as directed by management
- Build and contribute to legal initiatives as required to meet department objectives
- Establish and manage key external relationships with law firms
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write complex matters with simplicity and efficiency
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong initiative to identify risks and provide leadership in their resolution
- Demonstrated ability to self-evaluate and apply strong emotional intelligence
- Understands and utilizes the behaviors of others to personally affect an outcome
- Consistently makes sound and timely decisions after analyzing all aspects of a situation
- Facilitates mutually beneficial outcomes to satisfy various interests
- Combines knowledge, curiosity, imagination, and evaluation to achieve desired results
- 8 years at a law firm, consulting firm, or in-house at a hypergrowth company with operations ideally in the US, Asia and Europe managing employment law matters
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time, which may include international travel
- Standing and sitting for sustained periods of time, at least 50%
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading