Who You Are:
Fair’s Legal team is looking for a new teammate to create and improve processes, maintain records, support the team, think independently and be a stickler for the details. In this role, you'll perform a wide variety of critical legal support and administrative tasks. You will interact with colleagues and management across the company to handle various legal responsibilities.
What You'll Do:
- Provide support to the Legal team as required, including the building of an internal legal knowledge base.
- Corporate secretarial management, including equity administration; and the preparation, organization, and maintenance of materials for Board and Committee meetings, such as agendas, meeting minutes, resolutions and consents.
- Collaborate with Finance and People teams on employee equity and related matters, including drafting transfer, repurchase and related agreements.
- Preparation of documentation/materials necessary for the establishment of entities; corporate name registrations; fictitious name filings; amendments; qualifications; withdrawals; mergers and dissolutions of corporations and limited liability companies.
- Researching and advising on governance and legal issues.
- Assist with review of contracts and other legal documentation, as requested.
- Assist counsel in all stages of corporate transactions, as needed.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Identify process areas for automation and collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement solutions.
- Summarize contracts and manage timelines for review, approvals, and termination of various corporate contracts.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree required; Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Must have a strong technical aptitude, with experience using technology and internet platforms to improve work efficiency.
- Minimum of three years’ Paralegal experience in corporate/transactional department of a law firm or in-house environment.
- General corporate experience, including experience with cap table and equity matters and an understanding of corporate governance best practices.
- Contracts experience, including the ability to review, draft and negotiate, summarize and analyze a variety of agreements, including non-disclosure agreements and vendor agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and meet deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience interacting with multiple levels and departments within a company, external counsels, and vendors.
- Possess the judgment and experience to spot issues and escalate to others on the legal team.
- Extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior analytical and legal skills, mature judgment, and innovative thinking.
- An eagerness and willingness to help others.
- Passion for excellence.