Corporate Attorney - EdTech
Safer Students. Better Learning. At GoGuardian our software is revolutionizing K-12 education by helping teachers and students tap the educational power of the internet in safe and inspiring ways. As the only solution in its space built exclusively by, for, and with educators, it's easy to see why GoGuardian was just named Inc. 500's fastest growing Education company and 5th fastest growing Software company.
We're currently looking for an in-house EdTech Transactional Attorney to join our growing team. You’ll focus on completing government education contracts/RFPs, technology transactions and general corporate work. The ideal candidate will have experience in a mix of these areas, with the ideal being in the educational technology space.
- Drafting a variety of technology-oriented agreements such as licensing, terms of service, privacy policies, data processing and partnership agreements
- Providing business-oriented legal advice in regards to government education contracts; includes end-user agreements, national and state purchasing terms, partnerships, and vendor/supplier agreements
- Expanding our government contracts compliance program
- Overseeing relationships with outside counsel
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.)
- California law license or California Registered In-House Counsel
- 4+ years as a practicing corporate transactional attorney; in-house experience at a technology company highly desired
- Experience with state and local public sector / government procurement, contracts, and compliance
- Proven knowledge of legal, compliance and third party risk management concepts across competitive bids and RFPs, security, insurance, FOIA, etc.
- Experience counseling on privacy and security laws/regulations
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with the desire and ability to partner across company departments
- Comfort and skill working in a fast-paced, high-growth technology environment
- Experience working in the K-12 education space
- Passionate about youth education
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description