Greater LA Area
At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $115M in funding to date, and is growing quickly. This is a multifaceted and hands on role.
Aspiration is looking for a Compliance Officer to join our growing team. This role is both unique and integral to the firm, in its alignment of compliance, investment operations, retail banking and customer service.
What You'll Do
- The incumbent will support the Chief Compliance Officer by administering marketing and communications reviews in accordance with Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, other relevant regulations, and internal policy requirements.
- Proven ability to lead, organize, and administer marketing and communications review processes.
- Work closely with internal teams to thoroughly review marketing and communications materials within agreed upon timeframe.
- Review and edit marketing and communications materials and reports.
- Interact with Compliance team, legal team, and colleagues throughout the organization to help resolve potential compliance issues.
- Ensure compliance with SEC, FINRA and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Executing industry best practices for monitoring fund and adviser service providers including due diligence and oversight
- Preparing and updating regulatory documents, including Form ADV, prospectus, statement of additional information, Form BR, and others as needed
- Assisting with the 206(4)-7 annual review process
- Assisting with the 38(a)-1 annual review process
- Providing advice and guidance to marketing and growth teams for financial promotions
- Filing all financial promotions with FINRA
- Assisting with the management of the firm’s compliance training, licensing and registrations
- Providing guidance to product teams on AML/KYC/CIP requirements for all investment, brokerage, and banking products
- Conducting regular compliance monitoring reviews
What You'll Bring
- B.A. in finance, economics or related field
- 3-5 years experience working in legal or compliance at an investment adviser and/or broker dealer
- Strong understanding of the 1940 Investment Company Act
- Strong understanding of banking and investment product
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Interest in FinTech and working in a fast paced startup environment
- Entrepreneurial - you do what it takes to achieve our goals, without having someone telling you what to do or being confined to normal business hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excel proficiency
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions
- People - the best part of Aspiration
- Competitive salary and equity incentives
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog-friendly office in beautiful Marina del Rey with an in-office gym
- Diverse & inclusive culture
Read Full Job Description