Greater LA Area
Our mission is to revolutionize transportation and transform cities and supply chains globally. In line with our large ambitions, we need a top-flight legal team to address a wide array of novel and complex legal issues. We are hiring an in-house counsel who will be primarily responsible for our labor and employment issues. This lawyer will also help support the team across all legal areas as needed.
- Provide practical legal advice on a full range of employment law issues relating to the entire employee lifecycle, including but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, compensation, leaves of absence, return to work and accommodation issues, employment investigations, benefits, terminations, and other employment related topics
- Ensure worldwide labor and employment law compliance, including but not limited to wage and hour laws, discrimination, harassment, leave and disability accommodation laws, and other employment related regulations
- Identify and analyze labor and employment legal changes and assist with implementation of compliance steps
- Negotiate termination, settlement and separation agreements as needed
- Draft a variety of waivers and releases
- Drive complex employment compliance projects from initiation to closure
- Develop, revise, and implement best in class employment policies and scalable training solutions
- Drive good business results from difficult ER situations by successfully managing ER issues and pre-dispute conflicts
- Advise on other threatened or potential litigation matters, including non-employment related risk mitigation issues as needed
- Substantive labor and employment law experience, including experience with a large law firm or boutique employment law firm
- Strong knowledge of state and federal laws, including experience in risk mitigation related to entire employee lifecycle
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to drive projects and identify and resolve legal and business issues with large degree of independence, seeking guidance, if needed
- Demonstrates exceptional project management skills, attention to detail, and a proven ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Exhibits a high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment
- Maintains high performance standards, impeccable integrity, excellent judgment, well-honed analytical skills
- Uses a practical, business-oriented approach to providing advice to internal clients on all employment law related matters
- Analyzes complex situations and develops simple, concise, and effective legal solutions
- Provides high level of client service ensuring customer satisfaction
- Communicates clearly, concisely and professionally with all internal members/departments of the Company as well as external clients and vendors regarding complex employment legal issues
- Demonstrates flexibility regarding assignments for self and team
- Contributes to positive work environment
- Possesses strong understanding of of Attorney/Client Privilege and legal ethics
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- JD from an accredited law school with excellent academics
- Experience on conducting and/or advising on employment investigations
- Experience responding to and resolving EEOC, DFEH claims, and other state and local agency claims.
- Deep understanding of California labor & employment law
- Licensed to practice law in California
- Prior experience working with a technology company
- Prior experience working in-house
- Experience with global employment law matters including managing global employment related claims
- Experience with HR policy and procedure creation and implementation to reduce risk while meeting business requirements
- Extensive understanding of OFAC & FCPA
- Prior experience with litigation of employee relations matters
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description