The Commercial Counsel will be part of Virgin Hyperloop One’s Legal Department. This team is the first point of reference and contact for all legal matters and advice at Virgin Hyperloop One. The team is busy and expanding so we are looking for a self-starter who can hit the ground running.
• Structure, draft and negotiate a high volume of agreements (e.g., non-disclosure agreements, procurement contracts, master service agreements, construction agreements, software licensing agreements), both independently and in collaboration with the Assistant General Counsel
• Assist with developing strategies on contract negotiation, fallback positions, and acceptable terms and conditions
• Update contract templates based on changing best practices
• Oversee a contracts management system, including contract upload and retrieval, electronic signature, metadata collection, and reporting.
• Develop and conduct trainings to educate internal stakeholders on contracts drafting, negotiations, commercial implications, and risks
• Provide legal support for all aspects of the company's business, including drafting and negotiating joint development, IP licensing, real estate, and other agreements.
• Create and implement processes for managing the steady flow of agreements, including processes for determining regulatory, intellectual property, and other requirements in such agreements.
• Provide legal insight to commercial, engineering, and finance teams concerning design, supply chain, and manufacturing decisions.
• Advise the business on a wide range of day-to-day issues that require legal review.
• Detail-oriented, problem solver who works well in a team environment and has excellent communication skills.
• Strong work ethic, high integrity, and experience with technology companies
• Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently, with appropriate oversight, as well as part of a team of attorneys and business professionals
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements and lead complex initiatives
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Juris Doctorate from a top-tier law school
• 2-3 years of law firm experience or in-house legal experience at a leading, high-growth technology firm
• Demonstrated experience drafting, redlining and negotiating professional services agreements
• Business knowledge of emerging technologies, construction, aerospace, aviation, and or rail
• Experience with electromagnetic technologies, software development, and controls systems
• Experience working for a fast-paced and dynamic company, startup experience a big plus