Business Affairs Executive
Launching next year, Quibi is the first entertainment platform that fits perfectly into any moment of your day. We’re on a mission to entertain, inform and inspire with fresh content from today’s top talent—one quick bite at a time. Founded by Jeffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman, Quibi brings together the best of Hollywood and Silicon Valley.
Every day, we’re defining the next era of storytelling while reinventing what a start-up can look like. Our trailblazing team is laser focused on our core audience, producingawe-inspiring shows for an intuitive, mobile-first platform, and creating a culture where everyone is heard. Yes, it’s a tall order—and that’s what makes it so exciting. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and build something from the ground up, working here will never be just a job.
The Business Affairs Executive will be responsible for structuring, negotiating and drafting a high volume of deal terms for Quibi's scripted, alternative and "daily essentials" programming.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide timely and thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
- Identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
- Partner with Quibi business executives to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with agencies, law firms, studios, production companies and other relevant industry contacts.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of television legal and/or business affairs experience with on-point work experience (ideally in a studio, network, entertainment law firm or production company environment).
- Possess a comprehensive working knowledge of television industry agreements, guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, WGA, DGA), contract law, and intellectual property rights.
- Ability to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives and other teams under conditions of uncertainty, high-pressure and/or high-risk and generate strong client satisfaction through strategic thinking and firm decision making.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.