Associate Manager, Digital Rights Administration
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are seeking an Associate Manager to work in our Digital Rights Administration team. The ideal candidate will work on daily requests/issues in relation to YouTube and Facebook, operate UMG's UGC rights system to support special needs and requests, and act as an administrator on special claiming projects. This consists of learning how systems work, troubleshooting issues, resolving conflicts, manually claiming where these platforms have failed to identify our copyrights, and analyzing catalogs delivered to these platforms for accurate and complete information.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Support UMG territories and labels with daily requests/issues in relation to Facebook and YouTube.
- Identify and report any problematic situations in Facebook or YouTube rights manager systems.
- Assist with tracking of open issues and feature requests for rights manager systems.
- Assist with providing feedback on rights manager systems.
• UMG Resource Rights Systems:
- Obtain deep understanding of interconnections between UMG rights systems.
- Assist with daily operation of UMG's UGC rights management system.
- Identify and report any problematic situations with the UGC system.
- Follow processes with detail and maintain organized records.
• Provide support with UMG Special Claiming Projects:
- Perform health checks on UMG assets in the Facebook and YouTube rights manager systems.
- Ingest titles related to these special projects into the YouTube rights manager system.
- Analyze and Resolve Conflicts.
- Manually claim any UMG copyrights missed by content ID systems.
- Compile reports for UMG management & artist management.
- Maintain lists of special resources not yet trackable by the system.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Must be Organized
• Detail oriented, able to multi-task
• Reliable to deliver by deadline
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Inquisitive and eager to learn
• Knowledge of digital asset delivery, content operations or metadata management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with YouTube CMS and/or Facebook Rights Manager
• Understanding of music copyrights
• Ability to find solutions to problems
• Keen interest in the digital music/ media industry and the technology that surrounds it
• Bachelor's degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.