Associate Corporate Counsel
- Manage corporate transactional work including collaborating with outside counsel on financings, investor and shareholder relations, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate governance matters.
- Conduct research and provide legal advice to internal stakeholders on compliance with US federal and state privacy laws and regulations pertaining to personal data processing, information security, breach notification rules, and company privacy notices, with a particular emphasis on the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Adapt the company’s data privacy and security-related policies to new law and regulations applicable to the company’s product offerings.
- Manage state and federal legal entity filings, registrations, and business licenses for Albert Corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Work closely with the customer support team to assess a range of user-based questions and issues and apply appropriate legal judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements related to content and data licensing, production, processing, and distribution; vendor relationships; consulting engagements; and software licenses and system integrations.
- Work with internal business leads on implementing contract requirements and compliance.
- Develop and maintain a contract management system that documents and tracks key agreement terms and renewal dates.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a licensed attorney for a law firm or in-house corporate counsel with a focus on data privacy and corporate governance and transactional matters, preferably for B2C software and technology businesses.
- JD required, bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Member of the California Bar or eligible to become Registered In-House Counsel in California.
- Ability to develop creative and balanced solutions to a complex and regulated business.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, evolving, and technologically driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing in plain English.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch
- Hardware budget