Associate Corporate Counsel, Regulatory
LegalZoom.com, Inc. is looking for a talented regulatory attorney with a minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant experience to be a part of LegalZoom's fast-paced corporate legal department in Glendale, CA. This position will support business teams in a wide variety of regulatory issues. You must be a mature attorney who can provide a big-picture perspective while maintaining a hands-on role. You will manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively across internal functions and businesses.
- Advise Product, Marketing, Sales, Fulfillment, Finance, Tech, and other teams on laws and regulations, including those related to insurance (broker/agent), telemarketing/ TCPA, attorney advertising and other attorney regulatory issues, HIPAA, ERISA, subscriptions, truth-in-advertising, securities, and email marketing.
- Provide ongoing legal counsel to all levels of internal business owners on strategic product initiatives.
- Develop and implement various corporate legal compliance initiatives and training programs.
- Contribute to other legal department goals and duties as needed.
- JD licensed to practice law in California (or eligible for California's Registered In-House Counsel Program).
- 3 years of high-level, relevant experience practicing with a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Expertise in at least one of insurance (broker/agent), telemarketing/TCPA, attorney advertising and other attorney regulatory issues, HIPAA, ERISA, or securities (from a litigation perspective is acceptable).
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with online commerce and marketing.
- Experience with insurance (broker/agent) regulatory issues.
- Expertise in multiple other regulatory areas, including telemarketing/TCPA, attorney advertising and other attorney regulatory issues, HIPAA, ERISA, or securities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate complex legal concepts confidently and effectively with all levels of the LegalZoom team.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.