Assistant/Associate Product Counsel
LegalZoom is seeking a talented, forward-thinking attorney with 2-5 years of relevant experience to join our product legal team in Glendale, CA. This attorney will play an important role in maintaining, improving, and expanding our product offerings, including our business services, intellectual property, and estate planning products.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new products and services, and advise product, marketing, and technology teams during all stages of product development
- Research state and local laws and regulations, and design questionnaires and documents tailored to each state’s requirements
- Ensure existing products are updated to reflect ongoing statutory and regulatory changes
- Provide ongoing product-related counsel to customer care, sales, and fulfillment teams
- Contribute to other legal and product department goals as needed
- JD and licensed to practice law in California (or qualified as registered in-house counsel)
- 2-5 years of relevant experience practicing with a law firm and/or in-house legal department, with a focus on corporate and transactional matters; experience with intellectual property and estate planning matters is a plus
- Prior experience with e-commerce is a plus
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts to non-lawyers
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well with change in a fast-paced environment
- Cover letter
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.