UI Design Intern
We’re looking for a UI Design Intern. As a UI Design Intern, you will work as a user interface design professional, creating visual systems, interface patterns, and layouts that innovate and improve on the current UI while solving real user needs.
As a member of Procore's UI Design team, you will function as a both a creative and systems thinker, and will contribute to projects that have company-wide impact. In addition to working with the other members of the UI team, you will work directly with Product, Engineering, and UX to create delightful, effortless experiences for our users. You’re collaborative, open, agile, and thrive in an environment where change is the only constant.
Join our intern class of 50+ peers, where you’ll have access to networking sessions, professional development training, and mentorship programs all dedicated to guiding you through the process of learning. This is an exciting opportunity to support one of the highest-performing sales teams in the SaaS industry. Exceptional performers will have significant opportunity for joining full-time after graduation.
What you’ll do:
- Refine and define the UI design component library
- Create concepts and interactions that improve and modernize the current app
- Partner with UX designers to generate tools and resources that will benefit multiple stakeholders across the company
- Experience end-to-end UI processes, from sketching and refining to delivering prototypes and pixel-perfect specs that can be built and implemented in the app
- Learn practical UI workflows and best practices
- Present your design work to your UI and UX design peers as well as stakeholders across the organization
What we’re looking for:
- Currently working on Bachelor’s or Master’s in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or another related area of study a grad date of December 2019 or later
- Strong knowledge of contemporary UI and UX patterns for web and mobile
- Deep sense of empathy for users, and a desire to create work that makes their lives better
- Experience using some combination of relevant design software such as Sketch, Figma, InVision Craft, Principle, Framer, and Studio
- Demonstrated experience translating UX needs into functional and elegant UI design
- 1+ years of relevant experience (including internships)
- Portfolio or documentation of UI Design work
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. We understand that you may incur expenses related to taking this opportunity - whether it’s travel, renting, commuting, or whatever comes your way, we would like to support you. All interns joining the Procore team who are active students or recent graduates will receive a signing bonus and full access to all on-campus perks.