Talent Brand Social Media Internship
Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
The UMG Internship Program is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to a career in the music entertainment industry. We are currently looking for the next group of interns for the Summer semester to join us at our Santa Monica office. This internship will be working with our Talent Management Social Media team.
The Talent Management branch of UMG's HR team is dedicated to offering topline services to our labels, business units and community. Talent Management spans across Recruitment; Diversity, Inclusion + Belonging and Learning + Organizational Development. As a unit, we proudly orchestrate several initiatives that focus on bringing people together in an ever-evolving progressive work environment.
We're currently seeking a Talent Brand Social Media Intern to work alongside our Employer Marketing Manager in supporting the Talent Management team. This intern will help create dynamic Social Media content for these initiatives as it relates to employer branding and marketing materials.
- Research the latest social trends, especially as it applies to employer branding, diversity, and marketing
- Partner with the Talent Management team to generate content ideas surrounding their latest initiatives
- Help create promotional material surrounding Talent Management events at all stages including those leading up to the event, live coverage of the event and event recaps
- When schedule is permitting, attend Talent Management events to gather quotes, photos, and video content
- Proactively draft content for posts that highlight various aspects of UMG as an employer and our latest career opportunities
- Track post performance and other social platform analytics
- Ad-hoc tasks to support the team as needed
- Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with the following Social Platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This includes knowing the platform features, how to post and a general sense of what content works well on each
- Familiar with PowerPoint and comfortable with drafting presentations for Social Media updates
- Familiarity with Hootsuite and Auto scheduling
- Familiarity with content production and design – i.e. quotes, captions, photography, video is a big bonus
- Knowledgeable on how to read and interpret social media analytics
- Creative Writing/Copywriting Skills
- Collaborative and innovative spirit! An interest in HR or Talent Management would definitely be beneficial
- Exceptional computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
Out of State Applicants:
Housing/relocation will NOT be provided by UMG for students applying to internship positions outside of their state of residence.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.