Summer Internship - Software Engineering
At Tala, we are building the future of credit in emerging markets. We have helped tens of thousands of people access instant loans for growing their businesses, and will reach millions more in the next few years. Tackling the demand for instant and easy access to financial services around the globe is no easy task, but InVenture plans to solve the problem through a smart, data-driven platform. To achieve that goal, we need more like-minded individuals passionate about wrestling a large social challenge through analytics and experimentation. The Engineering Intern will contribute directly to InVenture’s mission by helping to build and optimize products.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Building Scalable Web and Mobile Applications
- Optimizing technology for Emerging Markets
- Working in an Agile Environment
- Hand on experience with various technologies like Android, Python, PHP, MongoDB, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Passion for testing, building, and analytics
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamically changing environment and excited to bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to your work
- Naturally curious with a tendency to think non-traditionally
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and great at solving unstructured problems
- Experience in financial services and/or emerging markets
WHY IT’S AWESOME TO WORK HERE!
- Casual office environment in Santa Monica close to the beach
- Collaborative work environment with an international team
- Wine Down Wednesdays, happy hours, team events
- A company that works with you to learn, grow and excel in your career
Tala builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
Tala is backed by Data Collective (DCVC), Lowercase Capital (Chris Sacca), Google Ventures, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture & impact investors. Fast Company ranked InVenture as the World’s Most Innovative Money Company in 2015 and our work has been highlighted by Wired UK, Forbes, the Economist, Vodafone, TED and many others.