Summer Internship - Facilities and Admin
Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
The UMG Internship Program is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to a career in the music entertainment industry. We are currently looking for the next group of interns for the Summer semester to join us at our Santa Monica office. This internship will be working with our Facilities team.
- Daily operations of the department manage employee requests and events and fulfill other administrative work
- Document, track and communicate testing results within UMG
- Building operations and maintenance to ensure the highest level of employee experience
- Order consumables, process service requests, assist with moves on-premise and identify issues for escalation to the Facilities Team Leader at various UMG locations in Los Angeles
- Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Pursuing a degree in Hospitality, Real Estate, Business, or Marketing discipline
- Interested in a career in the real estate/property management/Facilities business
- Strong communication, organizational, and multitasking skills with sharp attention to detail and professional presence.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in working with computers - software/database
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
Out of State Applicants:
Housing/relocation will NOT be provided by UMG for students applying to internship positions outside of their state of residence.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.