Summer Internship - Digital Strategy - Technology
Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
The UMG Internship Program is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to a career in the music entertainment industry. We are currently looking for the next group of interns for the Summer semester to join us at our Santa Monica office. This internship will be working with our Digital Strategy – Technology Team.
- Develop scripts, applications, and other tools to perform functional and security testing on UMG's US and international digital music service partners
- Document, track, and communicate testing results within UMG
- Monitor music-related technology developments
- Audit and document digital music service APIs
- Assist with department technical projects as needed
- Familiarity with digital music services, digital music formats and technologies, digital distribution and content protection technologies, general technology trends
- Expertise in major operating systems, web technologies, and programming languages for mobile, desktop, and server platforms
- Familiarity with music copyright law a plus
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- Knowledge of popular music and interest in music business
- Daily experience with a major streaming subscription music service
- Exceptional computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Should have at least sophomore year standing
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
Out of State Applicants:
Housing/relocation will NOT be provided by UMG for students applying to internship positions outside of their state of residence.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.