Summer Intern: Embedded Software Engineering
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Canoo's Summer Internship Program is designed to provide a robust and meaningful experience that includes high impact, business-relevant, hands-on project with well-defined goals and deliverables. Interns will have access to professional development and mentorship, leadership exposure, and immersion activities. Interns will work directly with assigned team throughout the internship.
The Internship Program is a premier ten to twelve-week program focused on preparing graduate and undergraduate students’ for product-facing consultative internships. Paid internship positions will start in June through end of August. All Intern applicants must be a registered, full-time student at a college or university.
We are looking for today’s current high-performing college student who desires to be tomorrow’s technical leader. We are seeking innovators and problem-solvers that are passionate about Electric Vehicles. What are you looking for? A company you can learn from? An opportunity to make an impact? Well, stop looking – Canoo is what you are looking for!
As a Software Engineering Intern you will assist in the development of embedded software for use in electronic control units within the vehicle. This includes developing software compliant with the Automotive Open System Architecture (AUTOSAR), collaborating with fellow employees to develop and meet requirements and creating effective documentation. Depending on previous experience and field of study, you may assist in developing diagnostics, algorithms, testing and validating software, and/or diagnostics. You can expect to be working with industry leading software tools that help optimize the workflow for the full stack of development.
Responsibilities and Goals
- With general supervision, this position needs an innovative individual to assist with development and designing products.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of engineering challenges
- Participating with defining problems, collecting data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Current enrollment at an accredited college/university – Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science or Aerospace Engineering
- Previous experience in the automotive industry is considered an asset
- Previous experience using matlab/Simulink is considered an asset
- Knowledge of C is a boon
- Previous work in extracurricular teams such as Formula SAE, Solar Car, Baja, etc, is considered an asset
- Maintaining a minimum of 3.2 GPA in a 4.0 grade scale
- Basic knowledge with Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Abode Acrobat
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.