We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are a growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We look for creativity, craftsmanship, and the ability to solve difficult problems. Our passion is building products and services for new companies that change people’s lives. Together, we are helping our partners own the next horizon of innovation and create magic.
The Role: Software Engineer.
You can turn great ideas into code and turn that code into groundbreaking and beautiful new applications. You also crave an opportunity to work with the best and brightest engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs to create new digital experiences in an environment that is both collaborative and free from micromanagement.
The engineering community at DV is one of our most diverse multidisciplinary teams. From product and test engineers to front-end engineers and data scientists, these venture builders address challenges at their core. Software engineers develop products, services and experiences that disrupt markets, generate value and impact millions of consumers. Our development team has a passion for innovative and emerging digital solutions. With a focus on designing cutting-edge and custom technologies, our venture engineers help influential global leaders to imagine, build and launch digital businesses and solutions with transformative power.
We are looking for students currently pursing technical degrees particularly in computer science or engineering. The 10-week internship program will allow interns to gain valuable experience working on our current Ventures.
As an Intern, you will need:
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject from an accredited University
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Abilities planning, prioritizing and organizing work effectively and efficiently within a team
- Creative problem solving skills
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will have:
- Experience or understanding of the Agile process and test-driven development
- A deep understanding of software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews and design documentation
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
- Strong understanding of data structure and algorithms
Ideally, you will have:
- Experience building server side applications and REST API services, as well as developing object-oriented software in Java, Node or similar
- Experience with frontend technologies such as react, angular or vue
- Solid understanding of QA methodology and tools such as: Selenium, Jmeter, Cucumber, Junit or similar
- Experience with native and/or hybrid mobile development (e.g.: iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic, etc…)
- UX / UI design Experience
- Hardware hacking and prototyping experience (e.g.: Arduino)
- Experience with performance optimization techniques
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will use your skills to:
- Develop high quality and accessible systems using service oriented architecture
- Build responsive, mobile friendly, and beautiful web applications
- Create REST based web services accessible by mobile/web platforms
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
- Ensure, thorough automated testing and products that meet high quality standards
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for designing product user interfaces that help drive rapid business growth
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.