Software Engineering Intern, Spring 2019
Spring 2019 Internship/Co-op
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring!
This opening is for a three to four month paid internship/co-op on our Engineering team. We are looking for smart engineers passionate about building software and solving hard problems. In this role, you will help with several new releases and play a hands-on role in making Honey even better. You'll work side by side with our full-time engineers on real projects. We have internship opportunities on several teams within our engineering organization including Backend, Data, and Full Stack. If you're looking to get firsthand experience with a consumer-facing product used by millions of people we urge you to apply.
About the engineering team:
As a member of our team, you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability, and user experience. We primarily use Node.js, Python, Scala and Go, depending on which team you join. We run a microservices architecture using Docker and Kubernetes. On the engineering team, we value a can-do attitude, collaboration, learning, and curiosity.
As an intern, you will:
- Have autonomy and the opportunity to make a huge impact
- Work directly with and be mentored by engineers who will lend their knowledge and expertise to ensure your growth and development
- Be a part of the team, attend company meetings and other company activities
- Participate in lunch n’ learns, workshops, educational and social events, tailored for our interns
- Receive competitive compensation, daily lunches, unlimited snacks, and other perks
- You believe in actively tackling new challenges and view ambiguity as an opportunity to be creative.
- You are eager to learn. Technology is ever-changing, and you are always working to level-up your skills and acquire new ones.
- You understand that while technology is important, it needs to work in tandem with other aspects of the company and teams to be successful.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. At Honey, we think big and move fast.
- You have a solid algorithm skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working with consumer-facing applications
- MySQL experience
- You are a Honey user
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.