Join ZestFinance for our paid 2019 Summer Intern Program!
Software Engineers at ZestFinance build amazing enterprise services with cutting edge technologies in a lean and fast environment. You’ll help deliver cutting edge machine learning technologies to large enterprises, where the systems you build allow our customers to capture huge (100m+) economic benefits.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you’ll do meaningful work that has a real impact on our business and customers worldwide. At the end of the summer, every intern will give a summer presentation to the whole company that will go in depth on your key learnings and overall experience as an intern. You’ll feel good about coming to work and enjoy not only the time you spend at the office, but the people you’re spending it with over the summer. There will be plenty of time for fun as well - interns get to participate in awesome office perks as well as intern outings (past activities include hiking, baseball games, and escape rooms).
In this role you will:
- Learn how the SWE team works with Product, Marketing, and Business to design and build the next generation of ZestFinance product roadmap features.
- Pair with full stack and front-end engineers to build and integrate APIs with rich, desktop and mobile-friendly front-end interfaces.
- Identify programming best practices with the full stack software engineering and product teams.
- Work closely with DevOps and QA to ensure operational stability and performance while helping to drive a culture of test driven development (TDD) and behavior driven development (BDD).
- Participate in design / architecture reviews, as well as code reviews and walkthroughs.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in analytical/quantitative field. Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Must be able to spend 12-16 weeks in Los Angeles, CA (Hollywood) during the summer of 2019
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with yoga, salsa, and other employee run fitness classes
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
- Company happy hours, social events and outings
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.