Software Engineer Intern - R&D
Software Engineer, Intern R&D
Strategic Programs R&D is a core group at Boingo Wireless, researching and working on current and upcoming Wireless technologies, helping monetize and driving innovation within the company.
The Software Engineer, Intern will primarily be involved in utilizing Research, development, documentation and testing skills to assist in creating solutions for the R&D team. We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about working in an R&D group on Wireless technologies.
- Working on documenting new and upcoming Wireless technology standards and protocols.
- Assist Engineers on day to day activities including development activities in Mobile platforms and cutting edge web. technologies in the Wireless domain.
- Working closely with team members in R&D and Media groups.
- Documenting industry standard design and/or test documents meeting group’s objectives.
- Quickly ramp up on documentation tools for creating flowcharts, architecture documents etc. in and around Wireless and Networking protocols.
- Work with Vice President of Strategic Programs to document and test solutions on current and upcoming projects.
- Assist the team to document requirements, design, build process, test plans etc.
- Quickly ramp up on troubleshooting and understanding Boingo systems in the R&D and Media group.
- Assist Principle Engineer(s) and/or VP with day to day related tasks.
- Perform other duties/projects as requested by management.
Our 12-week summer internship program is designed for rising juniors and seniors in college. Start dates include June 3rd and June 17th.
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as we will consider applications on a first come first review basis.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.