Software Engineer Intern (Full Stack)
The Front Team is responsible for the APIs and web applications that our clients interact with every day. This is a suite of highly-visible, revenue-generating products, built with a number of modern client-side technologies and proven server-side technologies.
We are looking for a full-stack engineering intern interested in building features with real impact, and owning them every step of the way--from design to development, deployment, and beyond.
This internship position is on Factual’s “Front Team” at Factual’s headquarters in Century City.
We’re looking for folks who:
- Have interest in the latest client-side tools
- Enjoy building robust back-end systems
- Love to ship stuff and see people use it
- Want to see how software is built in a fast-paced, fun, results-oriented Engineering department
- Are currently studying Computer Science or a related field
Some valuable skills:
- Worked with server-side web technologies like Rails and Node
- Familiarity with modern client-side technologies like React and Angular
- Experience translating requirements to data models and setting them up in databases like MySQL, Postgres, and Mongo (or alternative datastores like Redis, Solr, or Elasticsearch)
- Able to work with DevOps tools like Docker, Marathon, Kubernetes, and Chef
Cover letters (creative and personalized) and portfolio links will be deeply appreciated.