QA Intern, Fall 2019
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a motivated intern to join the Quality Assurance team.
This opening is for a three to four month paid internship/co-op. We are looking for testers that enjoy the challenge of ensuring high-quality products within a fast-paced development environment. If you are the inquisitive detective that loves finding flaws in a rapidly evolving environment, constantly level up your test skills and spending a small portion of your time growing your automation capabilities, then Honey could be the perfect fit for you.
About the QA Team:
- Our developers embrace using new technology as we prototype and constantly tackle scaling issues so our testers are continually challenged with testing new technology
- We understand the importance of how automation compliments manual testing and all of our QA Engineers are required to contribute to automation in addition to manual testing
- We provide our team members with training outside of their core competency and expect them to grow and be able to test any product or component.
- We use industry relevant open-source automation technology that you can grow your technical skills
As an intern, you will:
- Have autonomy and the opportunity to make a huge impact
- Work directly with and be mentored by QA engineers who will lend their knowledge and expertise to ensure your growth and development
- Be a part of the team, attend company meetings and other company activities
- Participate in lunch n’ learns, workshops, educational and social events, tailored for our interns
- Receive competitive compensation, daily lunches, unlimited snacks, and other perks
- You are currently enrolled in Computer Science or coding related program
- You have a basic knowledge of Databases and querying languages
- You are inquisitive and possess a strong desire to learn and explore new technologies
- You have a good work ethic and strong accountability
- You can quickly learn the frameworks for our product and contribute to writing automation code
- You will help support different products as needed
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.