Product Management Intern
Greater LA Area
About the Company
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using our own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
We're headquartered in downtown LA with offices in San Diego, New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, and Sao Paulo.
Gimbal formed when two independent companies merged in November 2016. The Mobile Majority was founded in 2012 to build a cohesive mobile advertising platform and Gimbal, Inc. was spun out of Qualcomm in 2014 with an emphasis on its industry-leading beacon hardware and proximity management software. Together, the company is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, and we are looking to add a few acts to our all star line up.
· Inc. Magazine ranked Gimbal, Inc. number 66 on its 35th annual Inc. 5000, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies of 2017.
· “Fastest Growing Technology Company in LA for 2016”
· “Best Creative Technology” by the 4As.
Gimbal is led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans - all with a shared passion for eliminating what clients have identified as the biggest issues in mobile today. We believe this offering can lead us to a multi-billion liquidity event via acquisition or IPO.
About the Job
Take your first step towards a career in product management! As a member of the Product team at Gimbal you’ll work directly with engineers, designers, and management to help build new data products. This mentorship opportunity is a rare shot to ‘break’ into product management at one of LA's premiere tech companies. We’re seeking an analytical candidate for our Product Internship, targeting 30 hours per week, working on-site at our amazing DTLA office at ‘The Row’.
- Work directly with Product Managers and the management team to help bring Gimbal products to market
- Participate in competitive industry research and market analysis for product alignment
- Manage customer outreach, get hands-on with user research and product design
- Organize and manage communication and ongoing project tracking
Basic Qualifications ( what you bring to the role)
- Understand what Product Management at a tech company entails
- Understand our company
- Interested in start-ups, marketing, tech, and data location
- Willing to wear many ‘hats’ and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Currently enrolled as a Senior in undergrad, graduate, or MBA student
- Computer science, mathematics, science, economics, or analytical major
- Completed statistics and programming coursework
- Analysis of large data sets a big plus
- Confident and professional communicator
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be available to work Monday through Friday 30 hours/week in downtown Los Angeles.
Read Full Job Description