People Operations Intern
PatientPop is growing extremely fast and we are seeking a People Operations Intern to join the team to support our increased hiring needs. This role is critical in partnering with the People Team in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvements across the entire employee life cycle. Ideally, we are looking for an intern that will excel in this position and is looking for full time employment after graduation.
Minimum 20hr/week during internship, flexible schedule.
Who is the People Team?
We’re passionate about the employee experience and believe in creating a fantastic work culture for our company. Our team is fun, but we work hard to make PatientPop a great place to work.
We're looking for someone an organized, self-motivated and eager to learn professional who thrives in a fast-paced, "learn-by-doing" environment. This position is ideal for someone looking to launch their career in Human Resources and Recruiting.
- Owning the onboarding of new employees from start to finish. You will serve as the POC and liaison between new hires, recruiting and hiring managers. You will build employee profiles in HRIS and coordinate with managers and people team to build a successful onboarding process.
- Identify areas of improvement for the employee experience and work with the People Team to implement new ideas.
- Provide support on a variety of HR initiatives; be able to wear many hats - as a small team, everyone does a little bit of everything!
- Create and maintain HR files, reports and documentation.
- Partner with creative team on internal swag and manage the ordering and restocking.
- Create and coordinate internal company events - lunch and learns, wellness events, company meetings, trainings, etc.
- Assist in special projects and events with various departments. This is a hands-on opportunity to learn multiple aspects of the business.
- If still in school, exp graduation in Spring or Summer 2018
- Desire for growth and long term development.
- A self-starter, detailed-oriented with a team-player mindset and sound judgment.
- High curiosity about people, organizational behavior, and people management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, able to work on and prioritize multiple projects.
- Discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in recruiting, event planning, customer service or office management.
- Experience with Google Apps and HRIS systems (Namely, ADP, etc.) are a plus.
- Bonus points if you are comfortable with adobe photoshop and illustrator.
Check out our amazing company culture on our instagram: @patient_pop
You can also read about our various HR initiatives on the PatientPop People Blog