We’re looking for a Legal Intern to join our growing in-house Legal team. In this role, you’ll work closely with in-house counsel across a diverse variety of legal issues including contract negotiations, intellectual property, commercial transactions, privacy, advertising, marketing, and more. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with our Legal team on projects designed to give you real-world, practical in-house experience.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
What you’ll do:
- Research best practices and perform benchmarking analysis for various legal issues relating to SaaS offerings, data privacy and protection, and software sales models
- Research privacy and intellectual property issues impacting the software industry
- Review SaaS agreements and marketing material content
- Assisting with documenting procedures and policies of the Legal team
- Updating legal databases for internal efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- Currently completing the first year of a Juris Doctorate degree at an ABA-accredited university, with a GPA in the top 50% of the class
- Knowledge of contracting and intellectual property issues
- Comfortable using all Google Apps, MS Office Suite, Zoom
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Possession of analytical and problem-resolution skills
- Self-starter with strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Possession of exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Prior experience working at a software or tech company
- Prior experience working with matrixed organizations in software and/or legal environment
- Proficiency in Westlaw, CEB, Intelligize, or and other online legal resources
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.