Human Resources Intern
Everything you work on helps our entire organization – all of your colleagues – be successful. You’ll help new Boingo employees integrate smoothly into the business thus setting them up for success, which brings a great sense of pride, value and satisfaction about why you do what you do. You’ll work for a very open and approachable Human Resources team. You’ll work on tasks like recruiting, onboarding, company events and more. You’ll also help develop and participate in Boingo’s red carpet experiences such as the Hackathon, pool tournaments, summer party and lots more.
A day in the life of the HR Intern
- Help with the development and roll out of programs and initiatives that make Boingo a “Best Places to Work” company. Participate in the ongoing creation of our great culture by helping connect people and building relationships.
- Participate in the planning and execution of various events such as our Hackathon and summer party.
- Be part of the new hire orientation, helping to build a strong foundation for new employees and increase employee engagement.
- Support the HR function with the behind the scenes activities like setting up new hires and preparing for exits.
- Use innovative HR tools like BambooHR (Boingo’s HRIS system) and Greenhouse (ATS) to manage HR activities.
- Be a part of the recruiting process, including working on internship events, Girls who Code, and social media.
- Embrace team work; share ideas, help out with various projects and tasks throughout the summer as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What you need to bring to the table
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- An interest in Human Resources or Organizational Development
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, & Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple, complex projects in a professional, consistent manner; ability to establish priorities
- Ability to deal effectively with people who require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse frustration and collect accurate information
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressures and strict deadlines
- Experience using the Internet as a research tool
Our 12-week summer internship program is designed for rising juniors and seniors in college. Start dates include June 3rd and June 17th.
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as we will consider applications on a first come first review basis.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.