Data Science Intern
At PatientPop, we believe healthcare providers should focus their attention on delivering quality care to patients. That's why we devised a solution that allows providers to build a thriving practice, without being tied down by the burdens of business growth.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work.
Our dedicated team brings a blend of experiences that drives innovation and customer success. Our development-focused culture allows employees to thrive personally and professionally. And our bustling (dog-friendly!) offices are in an enviable location: just two blocks from the beach and around the corner from 3rd Street Promenade.
Now, we want you to be a part of it all.
Must be available to work in our Santa Monica, CA office. The position is for 40 hours per week for 2-3 months during the summer.
How you will contribute:
At PatientPop, we are building a world-class data science and analytics practice. We are looking for a data science intern to join our growing team and derive insights from our rich and diverse data sources. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help grow the presence and impact of data-driven solutions to a variety of business challenges.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our Senior Data Scientist and business stakeholders from marketing, sales, product, customer success and finance to solve key business challenges
- Conduct in-depth analyses and build and deploy models to understand and predict outcomes related to acquiring and retaining customers
- Create beautiful and informative visualizations and dashboards
- Identify actionable insights that positively impact revenue
Who you are:
- Master’s or Ph.D candidate in Data Science, Analytics, or Information Science with a Machine Learning focus (or equivalent training and experience)
- Prior internship or work experience in a data-intensive role strongly preferred
- Bonus points for experience with any of the following: XGBoost models (including development, hyperparameter tuning and feature interpretation), machine learning with imbalanced datasets, LIME analysis, Shap values, lead scoring algorithms, clustering, Git, Flask/Dash apps
- Sound knowledge of analytical, statistical and machine learning methods
- Proficiency in SQL and Python (pandas, numpy, plotly)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious, motivated, self-starter, team player
- Passionate about high quality, insightful data analysis
PatientPop has one simple mission: to help healthcare practices thrive. We do this by giving providers everything they need attract and recall patients to continuously grow their practices.
Our solution is the first complete cloud-based platform that's HIPAA-compliant and proven to accelerate new patient acquisition, while also eliminating the need for dedicated marketing resources. With PatientPop, providers can attract more patients, manage online reputation, modernize the patient experience, and automate the front office — all without sacrificing quality patient care. Learn more at patientpop.com