Data Science Intern
Who we are
Flo Technologies is on a mission to prevent loss, one drip at a time. Flo prevents water damage and unnecessary water waste in homes and buildings across the country with its Flo by Moen smart home water monitoring and leak protection system. In 2018 alone, our system helped homeowners save over two million gallons of water and became available in Home Depot stores across the country, on HomeDepot.com, as well as in countless plumbing wholesalers.
We are a VC-backed company with over $40M in funding, and we have partnered with Moen, the #1 faucet brand in North America, to make Flo even more available to homeowners everywhere. We have won awards from Popular Science, Consumer Electronics Show, Electronic House, IOT Inventor, Green Builder Magazine, and Kitchen and Bath Industry Show to name a few.
We are an innovative, high performing team with empathy and integrity, and are obsessed with delivering value to our end users and making positive impacts on the world.
Our Core Values
- Individuals Make an Impact
- Continuous Improvement
- Focus on User Experience
- Positive Impact on the World
What we are looking for
We believe that Flo’s success hinges on the creative and unique thinking that comes from diverse perspectives. We are intentionally building an inclusive community of problem-solvers from many different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an A+ team looking for A+ players. If you are passionate about data science, big data, and machine learning, we can help you gain real-world experience while you are in school. This position could potentially turn into permanent role upon graduation.
As a Data Science Intern, you will:
● Assist in implementation of company data strategy.
● Build innovative data products by transforming data and implementing machine learning algorithms.
● Learn GCP and AWS implementation and architecture principles.
● Research forefront machine learning technologies and share your learnings with our team.
● Hone your skills in Python / R development.
● Be exposed to Agile methodology (Scrum environment).
● Currently in Master degree program in Data Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
● Must have a demonstrated interest in Data Science. (enrolled in machine learning/big data classes)
● Enthusiasm for learning new things and dig deep into data analysis
● Development experience in at least one of the following: Python, R, Java, C++
● Flexibility and strong teamwork skills.
● Previous relevant work experience a big plus!
Read Full Job Description