Curatorial Intern - Saatchi Art
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We are looking for a Curatorial Intern to join our art advisory team and build hands-on curatorial skills while discovering the work of emerging artists from our Santa Monica office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
You’ll Report To: Assistant Curator
A typical day as a Curatorial Intern might include:
- Supporting the curatorial team in day-to-day objectives
- Researching upcoming exhibitions, art fairs, artist birthdays
- Assisting both online and brick and mortar exhibitions
- Drafting blog posts
- Supporting special projects like our Art Advisory service
- Outreach to artists
You’ll be successful if you are inquisitive, inspired, interested in art, and want to contribute to Saatchi Art’s growth and success. We’re looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and take advantage of the opportunity to intern at a fast-paced eCommerce company.
What You Have:
- Great eye for art and design and knowledge of art history, particularly of Contemporary Art
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing skills
- Comfortable working on a computer and using G Suite as well as Microsoft Office tools
- Attention to detail, especially when it comes to Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to learn and intern alongside a collaborative team
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History or similar background
- Ability to intern from our Santa Monica office for a minimum of 3 months and 32-40 hours per week
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- Cool office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparabsly's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.