Beyonders 2019 Summer Program - Graphic Design
Beyond Limits is looking for a bright, passionate Graphic Design Intern who is organized, collaborative, and has a can-do approach to problem solving. In this position you will have the opportunity to immediately utilize the skills you’ve sharpened in school to work with the Beyond Limits creative team to develop, launch, and manage key marketing initiatives to drive effective engagement with top-level executive audiences.
You will join a small but mighty, motivated and collaborative creative team with very high standards where your ideas will be solicited and valued. And you will learn something new every day. With energy and the spark of new ideas, you will learn how to bring the Beyond Limits brand to life and help us raise awareness with desired audiences. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with the marketing team to develop and execute innovative digital campaigns, content creation, event planning, internal marketing efforts, and drive improvements to make our message hit the target and stick the landing.
This internship is a F/T role that spans 8-10 weeks over the summer and will run from mid-June through mid-August of 2019. In addition to their projects, participants will gain additional knowledge and networking opportunities through technical speaker series, development workshops, and social events as part of the internship.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years old at time of start
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be available to work F/T for the entire duration of the program
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s with at least one semester or quarter left at time of start.
- Must be able to provide own housing and transportation to/from job site throughout the duration of internship assignment
- All interested candidates must apply through Beyond Limits' website in order to be considered
Position Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist marketing department with projects
- Assist in developing marketing strategies
- Produce color proofs that meet international standards
- Assist with all aspects of print and digital production
- Encourage and inspire participation and increased traffic on social media platforms
- Create excellent graphic design and media that aligns with company branding and aesthetics
- Analyze effectiveness of creative campaigns with data to grow online and marketing presence
- Stay current and knowledgeable of trends, strategy, and additional opportunities
- Help create and manage all aspects of photo/video content with programs team
- Help create marketing materials for all programs and new programs to increase sales, awareness and participation
- Previous experience in Graphic Design
- Proficiency with Mac and with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop & InDesign)
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask efficiently
- Full cycle video production experience (pre-production, production, post-production)
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology legacy in Space Exploration. A spinoff of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.
Beyond Limits provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Beyond Limits complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Beyond Limits expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Beyond Limit’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.