VP, Global Human Resources
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As the VP of HR, you will help steward all people operations and cultural elements to ensure the core tenets of the company are being met. You will play a strategic role, working closely with the the Executive Team to build a world-class employee base with effective, scalable systems and processes that reinforce these tenets through action (and merit).
You will lead, organize, and direct all aspects of recruiting, organizational development, culture, and human resources functions at Bird. This includes talent acquisition, on-boarding and off-boarding talent, training and development, leadership and succession planning, performance management, executive and employee compensation, employee benefits, all matters of employment law, any employment-related compliance matter, employee relations and culture, integrations for future acquisitions, and working with in-house counsel regarding relevant employment law and lease agreements.
The ideal person will have dealt with a company that has experienced hyper-growth and will know how to balance process and rigor with speed and flexibility.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the executive team to build a world-class culture and successfully implement strategic and innovative human capital solutions supporting business growth and transformation
- Manage a team of HR Business Partners, People Operations, and Recruiting
- Apply expert knowledge in organizational assessment and design while developing, implementing, and evaluating change management programs and organizational problem solving processes
- Partner with the executive team to plan for our short and long-term people needs and put in place the processes to get those people on the team
- Lead the organization to continue to deliver best-in-class people operations – including building the strategy and leading your team in recruiting and retention, performance management and internal review processes, learning and development, employee relations, on-boarding, and training
- Manage benefit programs and programmatic compensation plans
- Develop policies and procedures on a global scale that align with the business goals and perpetuate continuous improvement within the HR organization
- Design organization assessment tools to measure organizational health and create succession planning strategy & tools
- Provide coaching at all levels; assesses appropriate development solutions/intervention strategies
- 15+ years of experience Human Resources or People Operations
- Experience leading an entire People function
- Experience managing a team of at least 15 members across recruiting, compensation, business partnerships, and learning and development
- MBA or Master's degree in a relevant field and appropriate HR certifications
- A breadth and depth of exposure across the entire People function
- Proven ability to operate and lead a team in a high-growth environment
- Professionalism and experience collaborating with Legal and Finance to ensure compliance and risk management in a growing business
- Track record building and leading a high-performing, cross-functional team
- Proven leader who influences cross-functionally to rally the hearts and minds of the entire organization to understand and deliver the best performance across the organization
- International HR experience
- Experience managing a contingent workforce
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description