VP of Field People Team , People Operations
As a vice president of human resources - restaurant operations, you will develop, lead and execute talent strategies that support the organizational business strategy and support our restaurant operations across all markets. You have an ability to drive transformation and performance through our team members in a highly transformative corporate environment supporting our mission of building healthier communities by connecting people to real food.
- Lead talent management initiatives across field operations, including workforce strategy, succession planning, organizational assessment, total rewards, etc.
- Lead and develop field based HR professionals that specialize in business partnering, recruitment, learning and development and employee relations.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to design and implement organizational and talent initiatives
- Lead the implementation of the company’s people (culture, experience, total rewards, development, way of working) strategy and plan
- Lead a consultative strategy for field leadership and employees for HR support and resolution
- Ensure field talent strategies and solutions are in accordance with employment law, best practices, and connected to key business objectives
- Connect and provide guidance to the restaurant operations leadership team by linking people and organization to the company’s overarching strategic goals
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant for the sweetgreen’s field leaders to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance
- Play an integral role on the field leadership team, having the credibility and business knowledge to be consulted and to actively contribute to overall business decisions
- Build and deploy workforce planning approaches to develop the strategic workforce plan focused on fuelling the internal pipeline
- Establish innovative candidate sourcing strategies to improve upon the diversity and strength of the talent pipeline
- Lead the field talent agenda, building knowledge and networks of talent, integrating talent with other culture and people processes (such as resourcing, succession planning, leadership development, and learning), and nurturing a culture of diversity and inclusion
Learning and Development:
- Lead the learning and development strategy for the field in alignment with company culture and values
- Create and implement internal development programs that drive engagement, retention and business results.
- Leverage people analytics to measure program adoption, effectiveness, and value for team members.
- An exceptional developer of talent and HR professional
- A strong leader, cross-functional collaborator and/or influencer
- An HR Coach/Player
- Passionate about making work better for all of our employees
- Flexible and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing business environment
- A strong partner and collaborator
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, organizational development or related field or equivalent experience, emphasis on an hourly workforce
- Experience as a Human Resources professional (15 years), engaging specialists in core HR disciplines
- Excellent consulting skills and can influence senior stakeholders to get things accomplished within a matrixed organization
- A strong track record of delivering in complex multi-discipline change programs, including culture change
- A highly collaborative background, with the ability to work in partnership with all team members
- Strong expertise in data, analytics, and compliance as it relates to people operations
- Restaurant experience or similar industry, supporting a variable/hourly workforce
- Ability to develop creative solutions and drive effective organizational change
- Experience with large, company-wide program implementation
- Experience developing and managing performance management systems
- Superior communication skills at the senior management level
- Proficient in Excel, keynote/PowerPoint, and tableau
- Ability to travel as needed, up to 30% of the time