About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 8,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As our Trainer, you will own all things learning and performance improvement from conception to launch. You will excel at cross-functional collaboration and work with leadership, design, engineering, sales, marketing, and customer success to deliver value to ChowNowers through training and learning opportunity design. You will spend your days helping to solve performance challenges with learning while measuring the effectiveness of the programs you help create. And partnering with subject matter experts is a given -- you’ll help turn our brilliant employees into the latest content developers.
Reports to Head of People and Culture; No Direct Reports
Our Trainer has five main responsibilities:
- Embracing ChowNow’s Culture Code while leading all core training and development initiatives, from design to implementation, as well as offering ongoing support and modification as needed.
- Keeping current with trends, best practices, new technologies, and emerging innovations in the training and development sphere and implementing solutions that continue to build on ChowNow’s passion for developing talent.
- Knowing the needs of ChowNow department leaders and ensuring that decisions are made in the best interest of operations and ensuring that all programs are fully integrated into day-to-day responsibilities of the ChowNow team.
- Developing and monitoring key performance metrics with an emphasis on creating improved performance through learning.
- Create a high-performance environment that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and fun. As the company will be experiencing an accelerated growth plan, it is imperative that this individual be able to rapidly create and scale learning systems to match our growth.
Within three months, you'll...
- Attend and graduate from our company-wide onboarding Ramp Camp
- Shadow at least one customer interaction per week. Across Sales, Support, and User Research, you will understand how ChowNow’s users use the product
- Develop updated New Hire Orientation and have 3 current ChowNowers certified to teach it and maintain an NPS score above 40
- Develop 90-day new hire experience program and maintain an NPS score above 40
- Produce monthly ChowNow Life articles about our approach to training and performance improvement
- Establish initial roll-out training and ensure the Culture Code curriculum is baked into all new hire training
- Develop outlined role specific training for Sales, CS, and RS roles with the SMEs and score above 40 NPS score
Within six months, you’ll...
- Implement monthly “skills” opt-in classes for employees: NPS above 40 and attendance at 80% capacity
- Create measurement system for monitoring employee knowledge and respond to trends
- Draft internal documentation on the training strategy for a new product, procedure, or feature with Product, CS, RS, Sales, and Marketing leadership buy-in
- Report on the outcomes of one of your training launches. You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met, and what learnings to use in the next launch
- Develop quarterly People Manager Meetups to bring together our people managers for a day of sharing, learning, and supporting
- Coordinate internal presentations by collaborating with presenters on developing content, sending out appropriate materials and setting up appropriate facilities as necessary; administer presentation evaluations to gather and analyze feedback.
- Maintain an electronic learning and development resource library
Within twelve months, you’ll...
- Rollout new career maps and related framework
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for leadership and the entire company
Our dream Trainer has:
- Positive, approachable communication/presentation skills -- writing, video, live
- Strong consultative and relationship skills
- Expertise in learning design and the ability to make the complex clear and simple
- Top-notch collaboration skills -- you need to be the training whisperer to help turn subject matter experts into content sherpas
- Commitment to creating a positive learning environments and experiential learning -- whether in person, on-the-job, or digital
- A strong desire to prove ROI of training even what it’s difficult to track
About Our Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description