Sr. Talent Partner
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
As a Sr. Talent Partner, you will work alongside senior business leaders to unlock the potential of our employees and teams. You will be a unifier, an employee champion, and a trusted partner. You will not only serve as a consultant to managers and leaders on people related issues, but will also develop strategically integrated solutions to a variety of complex business challenges.
What You'll Do:
- Build relationships with multi-functional senior leaders to optimize team performance and engagement
- Partner with senior leaders and provide guidance in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, legal risk mitigation/compliance, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Talent team to develop solutions, programs and policies that support business and employee growth
- Navigate complex employee relations issues with an empathetic, solution-oriented approach
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success; proactively follow up to ensure training objectives are met
- Analyze problems and deliver solutions where precedent may not exist (and build roadmaps where they don’t yet exist)
- Be an advisor to organizational design and large-scale change initiatives
- Fully own and maintain accountability for organizational people strategy
- Flex seamlessly between Lead and Individual Contributor on multiple product and project teams, adding ‘off-title’ value in a thoughtful, prioritized way
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience – graduate degrees (MBA, MHRM) certainly don’t hurt
- 8+ years of HR Business Partner or generalist experience directly supporting senior leaders at high-growth companies
- A combination of HR experience (with specific areas of depth) in the following areas: succession planning, performance management, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture, engagement, coaching and development, talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and influence with and without positional authority
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and communicate insights to stakeholders – as well as to get creative when data does not readily exist
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to roll up your sleeves and proactively learn, at their core, how businesses operate
- Passion for our mission - we’re working on an exciting, challenging, never before solved problem, and we’re looking for people as excited about that as we are.
What success looks like in the first 3 months:
- You have developed trust, partnership, and accountability with key leaders within your client group
- You have established yourself as a trusted advisor and confidant across and throughout your client group
- You have conducted informal (and formal if appropriate) listening exercises to determine Talent priorities for your client group
- You have taken ownership of a product/project team within the Talent space (ideally one you identified the need for yourself)
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description