Sr. HR Generalist
Bambee is an early-stage, venture-backed startup creating a new way to provide best-in-class Human Resources to small businesses all over the U.S. Bambee likes to hire go-getters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you must have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems should excite you. Data should guide you. Only results should satisfy you. You use analytic thought to make programmatic decisions and logic-based choices, ultimately delivering value for Bambee’s customers and Bambee as a business overall.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team that will accomplish this is a team full of drivers, believers, part-time comedians, and go-getters. Which are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
As Sr. HR Generalist, you own the customer experience for Bambee clients. You will identify, implement, and advise clients on all HR strategies, as well as drive usage, retention, and customer satisfaction. Through your relationship with the client, you will identify needs and help to develop the Bambee platform as we grow. This is a unique opportunity to take your HR expertise and stellar client service skills to help build HR offerings for small businesses around the country!
- Provide guidance and expertise to our clients to address complex HR issues, including employee relations, policy development, hiring and termination procedures, performance management, and consult on areas such as payroll and benefits.
- Assist our clients in maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local regulations by evaluating their current processes and making recommendations for updated policies and processes.
- Demonstrate deep subject matter expertise on complex human resources topics such as multi-state labor law compliance, wage and hour laws, and changing employment regulations.
- Manage inbound ad-hoc requests from client base by utilizing HR Best Practices.
- Manage HR compliance workflow for clients and ensure they are 100% compliant with documents and processes.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship to ensure client satisfaction and employee buy-in.
- Establish immediate trust through the onboarding process using a wide variety of technologies including phone, email, chat and screen sharing.
- Bring deep subject matter expertise in at least one core area to help build Bambee’s capabilities.
- Train and educate clients on Bambee’s products and services. Includes: managing employee folders, policy creation and implementation, e-signature features, when to call Bambee.
- Contribute to content that includes, but not limited to: product input, website content, client facing letters, and documentation.
- Manage up to 100+ accounts simultaneously.
- Proactively reach out and listen to client feedback on product and services to identify the risk signs to ensure client retention.
- Contribute to the evolution of the team by participating in product and service meetings, along with using your HR knowledge to shape the offerings.
- Efficiently manage to-dos and organize your work using required tools.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Multi-state experience is required.
- Solid foundation in HR disciplines including employment law compliance and multi-state regulations.
- Knowledge of complex HR topics such as leave of absence, wage and hour guidelines and employee relations.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply excellent client service and consultative practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply HR best practices.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely, effective, and efficient delivery of services.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- 3 - 5 years of deep generalist knowledge in an HR role.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience developing and delivering training to a variety of audiences.
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR Certification are a plus.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Suite, Gmail and Google Docs preferred.
- $65,000-$75,000 based on experience. This range will also be impacted by equity considerations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
What’s In It For You
This is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing startup - you will be a contributor right from the start, whose contributions, experiences, and insights will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business. Bambee is a company where you will be valued, challenged, and respected, and you will be a meaningful contributor to what we are building. Join our team.
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Monthly gym reimbursement
Health equipment reimbursement to promote a healthy lifestyle
Personal travel reimbursement to promote new life and travel experiences
Arts and cultural experience reimbursement to encourage participation in arts and cultural events
Office in one of the most iconic buildings in Downtown Los Angeles
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Bambee is an affordable on-demand human resource product for small business. Less than 5% of small to medium sized businesses have full time HR or legal departments. This often means they aren't compliant with federal state, state and local law. It also makes human resources related topics like employee terminations, hiring agreements, wage & hour compliance, corrective action, and managing department of labor claims, more stressful than they need to be.
Small businesses can't afford an entire human resource department. But now they can for only $99/mo. Bambee is an on-demand HR service for small to mid-sized businesses, all for less than the price of a cell phone bill.
Bambee is early-stage and venture-backed. Early stage and venture-backed, Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR. Our team is close-knit, passionate, easy-going, comedic, and lighting-fast.