Sourcer - Contract
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Technical Sourcer works closely with Bird’s recruiters and hiring managers to develop strategies to find top technical talent. We’re seeking a dynamic Sourcer who brings a level of motivation and innovation to our team. You will be supporting the recruiting team by generating sourcing strategies, researching market trends, tracking industry movement, and delivering profiles of strong potential candidates to contact. This position will specifically support the technical recruiters hiring across all roles in the Vehicle and Engineering department. We are seeking someone with strong expertise in hiring top talent in hardware, firmware, and mechanical engineering.
- Incorporate advanced sourcing techniques to identify top talent
- Source passive talent through internet searches, referrals, networking, etc.
- Find, engage, and attract passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn, and alternative search techniques
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events, and sourcing campaigns
- Work closely with Recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand the unique technical requirements of each position and team
- Regularly track sourcing pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact overarching recruitment strategies
- Monitor the industry for changes, movement, and trends
- Test and track outreach to passive candidates to optimize response rates and engagement
- Make recommendations to the role and job postings based on market feedback
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in technical sourcing or talent research
- 2+ years experience supporting executive-level clients or hiring managers
- Proven ability to track, meet, and exceed defined sourcing metrics
- Experience working with engineering executives on technical requisitions, including taking new requirements, creating job descriptions, reviewing profiles and updating pipeline progress
- Deep sourcing experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team
- Experience developing innovative sourcing for difficult and niche positions
- Understanding of engineering and how it fits into various types of organizations
- Passionate about Birds product and able to speak to our technology and industry
- Good eye for talent, with the ability to quickly screen resumes to identify fit
- Excellent research skills with the ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill requisitions
- Ability to contact and engage passive candidates
- Sharp interview skills with the ability to screen for both technical and cultural qualities
- Solid industry knowledge with the ability to understand relevant technical skills, target companies, conferences and communities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description