Senior Technical Recruiter
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Sr Technical Recruiter to identify, engage, screen, interview and hire top talent for our company. As the first point of contact within Grindr, you will always be contributing to the Grindr brand and selling an incredible opportunity to join a successful organization. You will set an example of our culture with every communication and interaction and scale our recruiting practices as we grow as an organization. Above all, you will be responsible for Grindr’s most valuable asset - our people. Position will report to the Director of Human Resources with a dotted line to our President.
- Work with the Engineering team and other Department Heads, Human Resources, and hiring managers to determine department needs and drive the interview process.
- Assess candidates thoroughly in a timely manner; review resumes and screen candidates to determine technical and cultural fit.
- Closely manage candidates through our interview process; use your exceptional organizational skills to effectively manage your pipeline.
- Own the process; engage, schedule, screen, interview, follow up, and close exceptional candidates.
- Metrics; regularly track and analyze pipeline and performance data to share with management.
- BA/BS preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years minimum experience in technical recruiting
- Experience in Greenhouse or other ATS’s is a must
- Experience recruiting for an array of software engineering roles as well as non-technical roles
- Must have excellent communication skills; you’re a conversational wizard, and can engage all types of candidates over the phone and via email
- World-class problem-solving, critical thinking, and relationship building skills
- Experience networking, sourcing, and hiring diverse talent
- Someone with an extensive network of talent
- Passion for building effective and high-performing teams
- Someone with an analytical mindset who understands the importance of tracking metrics
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.