Senior HR Manager
Fair is a new way to shop, sign and pay for your next car—all on your phone. It gives customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want without a loan, long-term commitment, or even physical paperwork. Imagine never having to borrow money for a car again.
At Fair, our name says it all. It’s the way we treat our customers, our partners and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work—and that it should be rewarded. That’s why we offer equity incentives, education reimbursement, 100% coverage of medical, vision and dental premiums for employees and their families, 100% paid parental leave for 4 months, cell phone reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plans, and free lunch five days a week for every employee. The way we see it, it’s better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name.
Fair is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Who You Are:
You have a go-getter mindset and passion for the automotive industry while working in a high growth environment at an early stage and well-funded startup. Our team is small but growing, so your role is crucial to the future growth plans of the business.
- 6-10 years of focused HR experience in a multi-unit retailer
- Strong knowledge of employee relations and workers compensation claims with non-exempt employees
- Excellent analytical and proactive problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently within a team
- Hands-on, collaborative working style
- Intermediate knowledge of Google G-Suite necessary or willingness to learn
What You'll Do:
This position is responsible for providing regional People Team support for our local stations. Scope to include: positive associate relations, talent development, retention strategies, policy and procedure support, as well as strategic people resource planning
- Resolves general associate relations issues and gathers information for investigations
- Identifies breaches of culture/values that impact the workplace
- Prepare and coordinate the delivery of employee exit paperwork and items collection
- Advises management on organization structure changes and decisions
- Reviews recommendations related to performance management, behavioral issues, corrective actions, policy interpretations, and terminations to minimize exposure
- Ensure employment actions are documented appropriately and are consistent with policies and local laws
- Counsels and coaches management on business decisions related to people issues, leadership and management effectiveness
- Typically faces situations that have a variety of interpretations and require careful evaluation
- *You will be based regionally with extended travel 3-4 days each week to multiple stations*
- Some overnight travel is required.
What You’ll Get:
- 100% coverage of medical, dental & vision benefits for employees AND their families
- Equity incentives (it’s only Fair that we are all owners of the company)
- Unlimited vacation package
- Daily catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Green commuter benefits (1 block from Light rail)
- Paid parking
- Employee referrals rewards
- Diverse & inclusive culture
- Leadership & mentorship programs
- Discount on Fair cars