Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to expand financial access, choice and control to underserved consumers globally. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
We are reinventing credit by using alternative data to underwrite customers in real time, without reliance on traditional credit reports and helping our users build an entirely new financial identity through digital credit. Our proprietary identity and credit scoring technologies have helped us lend to over 1M+ customers overlooked by traditional finance – with the goal of serving an estimated underserved population of 3 billion globally!
At Tala, we see the world differently. We’re driven by a fundamental belief in people, and we work hard to prove their potential. We take risks that others won’t, in order to put more power in our customers’ hands. Every day, we challenge the limits of a system that has left 3 billion people behind – committing to building a world where underserved people everywhere have financial access, choice, and control. We call this way of doing things Radical Trust. We think trust will be the currency that drives a better financial system – one that sees, understands and serves more of the world’s people.
As Recruiting Coordinator, you’ll be a model ambassador for Tala as the front-line presence and representative of the company and the talent acquisition department. You’ll assist and facilitate in all facets of the recruiting process to cultivate an impeccable candidate experience, helping maintain the upward trajectory of our company’s growth!
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve a Talent Acquisition culture that embodies our Founding Principles and ensures an exceptional hiring manager and candidate experience
- Coordinate each step of the recruiting process including phone interviews, travel, expenses, onsite interview facilitation, and onboarding
- Leverage our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to move candidates through various stages of the recruiting process
- Become an expert-level user in Greenhouse
- Ensure we maintain our data integrity to run accurate reports
- Coordinate Recruiting events like Career Fairs, Conferences and Meetups
- Build programs that foster and enhance our candidate experience
What you’ll need:
- 1-2 years of administrative experience, with a focus in HR or Recruiting (Agency experience a plus)
- Experience with Recruiting or HR software (web-based ATS like Greenhouse, Lever or JobVite preferred)
- Ability to adapt and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Self-starter mentality and the ability to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and creativity
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Desire for continuous learning/education and growth, both professionally and personally
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by Google Ventures, IVP, Revolution, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Benefits and Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k and reimbursement for commuting expenses. To promote healthy work-life balance, we offer unlimited paid time off and paid parental leave. At Tala, we provide enriching opportunities for personal and professional development, including travel to our global markets to meet with actual customers.
We truly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.