Recruiter, Los Angeles
FinTech, meet Sports Betting
Smarkets UK has revolutionized peer-to-peer trading on sports and politics. We’ve built a platform that operates like a stock exchange, yet is modern, sleek, easy to use, and has handled over $10 billion worth of trades since 2010. The US office opened in 2017 and has since helped the Company expand by creating a sportsbook that is the first of its kind, SBK. Utilizing the tools which made our exchange so successful, we've modernized them even further to create a product that takes the relatively solitary experience of betting, and made it into a social one.
Our success is directly attributable to the exceptional talent that work at Smarkets; so the role of the Recruiter is vital. As we continue our US expansion, we need an experienced Recruiter who can shift focus when needed, brings relevant experience, and has a can-do attitude.
- Use a variety of sourcing tools and techniques to identify and engage with top talent from the tech community
- Market research; you’ll be identifying new talent pools for both current and future hiring needs
- Work collaboratively with each member of the hiring team to source and secure top talent
- Assist in operational and HR related tasks, when required
- 3+ years recruiting experience with a minimum of 2 years focused primarily on technical roles
- 2+ years of internal recruitment experience
- Must have full-cycle recruitment experience
- Familiarity with at least 1 ATS
- Must have an understanding of common research and sourcing techniques
- Minimum 4 year Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- The ability to shift focus or priorities with ease
- An incredibly positive, and solutions focused attitude
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup
- Stock options and profit-sharing program
- Unlimited paid-vacation policy
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks daily
- Monthly parties
- 100% employer paid health insurance
- Convenient downtown location near public transportation
The fine print:
We transfer and store the information you submit to help us process your application and to make our hiring process better. We also make use of third-party hiring tools to help us process applications. As we are based in both Europe and the United States, your data may leave the US when we process it. Please only submit your application if you are happy for us to use your information in this way.
Compensation includes stock options, and other benefits for qualified candidates.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.