People Operations (HR) Generalist
Want to work for a company unlike any other - with our fun, close-knit & family-like culture, fast-paced and an unwavering love and care for our employees? Our People Operations department truly cares for our employees, strives to create a home away from home, works to give the needed support and guidance for all employees to grow professional and personally. We are constantly working towards making Scorpion the best company to work for and creating an amazing employee experience day in and day out.
The People Operations (HR) Generalist will provide direct support to People Operations Management and Scorpion employees. This position is responsible for performing professional level support for a variety of HR-related duties while working closely with the VP of People Operations. The People Operations Generalist is responsible for tasks/projects in the following functional areas: HRIS & HCM administration, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
We are in the process of rolling out major HR initiatives and need a Generalist who can jump in and assist right away. If you are a self-starter, hardworking individual who enjoys a fast-paced environment, and are able to handle multiple projects at one time, this may be a perfect fit for you. We are looking to bring on a new team member who will enhance and contribute to our unique culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following (but are not limited to):
- Organize and manage new-employee onboarding and coordinate with the learning and development department and managers to ensure a welcoming new hire experience
- Handles all new hire paperwork and documentation including verifying I9 documentation and entering new hire information into the required HRIS systems (ADP Work Force Now), etc.
- Acts as a liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, regulations
- Assists with evaluation of reports and decisions in relation to new HR initiatives and recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency
- Assists to maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Assists the VP People Operations to support managers in employee relations counseling and conducts exit interviews
- Assists our Talent Acquisition Manager with recruitment as needed
- Performs other duties as requested by People Operations Management
Pay: Salary + Bonuses
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Human Resources or related field (preferred)
- Trained in HRIS & HCM systems (ADP Work Force Now a big plus!)
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) OR Professional in Human resources (PHR)
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Start-up culture mentality and ability to work with a diverse workforce
- 4 years of HR experience
- Demonstrated good judgment and confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, highly team-oriented environment
- Excellent time management, follow-through, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal skills