People Business Partner
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
What you'll do:
- As a member of the People Partner team, you will provide HR support across the client group in areas including organizational design, performance management, leadership development, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, and employee relations
- Provide frontline support to leaders and employees, acting as a one-stop contact for all strategies related to people in your assigned functional teams, managing both big ideas and some tiny tasks
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees across the office to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent
- Demonstrate an understanding of business needs and trends to help drive the business forward
- Consult with leaders to help them navigate through employee issues so they understand the different risks and benefits of different scenarios to make the best decision possible for the organization
- Contribute to the Employee Experience and help us champion our Flexport culture
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience, with 3+ years in an HRBP role or equivalent;
- You have a passion for people. You should be smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people;
- Your experience should include demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management;
- You have a people-centric and "roll up your sleeves and get it done" work style;
- You are able to exercise good judgment and discretion - maintain confidentiality;
- You are approachable and calm: Your presence is reassuring and you can help people accomplish what is required by the business. You aren't afraid to weigh the options, influence decision making, and make recommendations. You accept change and are resilient, adapting to meet the nuanced needs of various partners;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work cross-functionally at all levels;
- You have the ability to engage, inspire and influence people across diverse groups and levels.
Where you'll work:
We’re not far from the country’s busiest port (LA/Long Beach), and we manage our own warehouse — basically, we have an amazing opportunity to improve and streamline processes at destination. We eat great food, host tons of fun events on our patio, and bring our pups to work.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.