People Business Partner
At Tala, we are connecting millions of people to the financial services they deserve. We're a growing team and we are looking for an exceptionally capable People (HR) Business Partner to join the team. We are looking for someone who leads by serving, is highly collaborative, has high-energy, is results-oriented, has a bias towards action, is exceptionally imaginative, is adaptable, and truly excited about Tala’s mission!
The People Business Partner collaborates across the People function to deliver value to management and influence employees to meet and exceed our US team’s business objectives (both short and long term). In this role, you’ll maintain an effective level of business literacy about the Tala’s midrange plans and our culture. This person will serve as an ambassador for Tala and its culture to ensure that employees on the US team experience a smooth, positive and productive journey throughout their employment lifecycle at Tala.
Our People Business Partner will be responsible for assessing and anticipating people-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with SMEs in our People guild and leadership team, the People BP seeks to develop integrated solutions to strategically meet both Tala US’s goals and People team goals such as employer brand, candidate experience, performance & productivity, people and business growth metrics.
What you’ll do:
- Manage our payroll and benefits operations
- Manage US office immigration cases
- Design, develop and share US’s employee handbook that has transparent people
- practices that is simple, meets compliance needs and engages and educates employees
- Design and execute best-of-class onboarding and offboarding practices
- Set up Tala’s foundational people and cultural practices to prepare for scale
- Manage US HRIS & workforce analytics system to meet People, Accounting and Leadership team needs (with partnership of Specialist)
- Launch and complete annual/periodical labor compliance audits and remediation
- Collaborate with Tala’s HQ People team to assess current managerial practices to revamp and sustain best-of-class support structures for people managers
- Partner with People team on employer brand, candidate experience, employee engagement and HR/employee relations goals
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years professional experience, including 5+ years in a HR Business Partner capacity
- Experience scaling high-growth, startup teams
- Prior HR Certification is highly desirable
- Strict attention to detail and focus on data integrity and documentation
- High level of self-motivation and ability to produce results independently, and under demanding deadlines
- Organized, able to work in fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as well as adapt to business priorities that change quickly
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Benefits and Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k and reimbursement for commuting expenses. To promote healthy work-life balance, we offer unlimited paid time off and paid parental leave. At Tala, we provide enriching opportunities for personal and professional development, including travel to our global markets to meet with actual customers.
We truly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.