Manager, Organizational Effectiveness
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
You will take the lead in conducting a needs analysis of current state performance, and then both develop and execute an innovative approach to goal setting, expectation setting, measuring performance, data reporting, and performance management. You’ll act as both a company-wide SME and a team-specific support system in exploring performance competencies for each subdivision of the organization.
The ideal person will have dealt with a company that has experienced hyper-growth and will know how to balance process and rigor with speed and flexibility.
- Perform a thorough needs analysis of the current state of talent management at Bird and develop a comprehensive plan of action, inclusive of philosophy, clear metrics, and process/system recommendations.
- Apply knowledge in organizational assessment & design to build, launch, scale, and sustain a performance management program across the company
- Consult with business leaders and their teams to identify and design custom organizational effectiveness programming and team-specific competencies
- In partnership with talent development and internal communications, support the change management process across the organization
- Seek opportunities to link talent management with other key Talent initiatives, including recruiting, talent development, and talent operations
- Design organization assessment tools to measure organizational health and create succession planning strategy & tools
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience as a People/HR professional or Human Capital Consultant
- MBA or Master’s degree in a relevant field and appropriate HR certifications
- A breadth of knowledge in performance management, organizational development
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Experience partnering with and influencing cross-functional partners to identify core performance needs and metrics
- Experience managing direct reports is a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description