Build a high-performing team. Our People Operations team achieves this mission by recruiting the right talent, equipping them with the right resources to make an impact, and growing our Titans into the right career paths that best match their individual talents and interests. We are united in our passion and desire to unlock the extraordinary potential of every single person in our organization: so that we may lose, learn, and win as a team. Every day is an opportunity for change; and for our People Operations team - it is an opportunity to make a positive difference in the employee lives we touch.
Human Resources GeneralistThe ServiceTitan Employee Experience (HR) team is laying down the foundations to scale the organization while maintaining the fun and genuine spirit of teamwork and strong performance to achieve employee and customer success. We are growing and looking to add an Employee Experience (Human Resources) Generalist to the team, who has been exposed to scaling a company, while touching each step of the employee lifecycle. This position will play a critical role in paving the way for best-in-class employee experience processes and practices, maintaining compliance standards and serving as a key business partner to departments to work on HR-related opportunities and resolve challenges. Ideal candidates will have experience with start-up organizations and a generalist background.
What you’ll do
HR Practice Owner:
- Lead key HR areas such as (but not limited to) compliance, employee offboarding, leave management, diversity, career pathing, HR/payroll liaison, and manager-focused performance, compensation and incentive initiatives
- Develop and launch consistent and standardized processes, workflows and services; including training and communications of such programs to ensure effective in-take and adoption.
- Continuously assess the impact of practices owned through qualitative and quantitative feedback and make improvements to maximize impact.
- Act as the HR compliance steward.
- Ensure legal compliance by communicating and making recommendations on applicable federal and multi-state requirements (including updates and changes to)
- Maintain overall awareness of EEO laws and regulations
- Educate the business to enforce policies in a manner consistent with the laws while infusing the ServiceTitan culture
- Lead annual HR audit and appropriate resolutions
HR Business Partner: Serve as the key business partner to a subset of ServiceTitan Departments for all things HR, including but not limited to employee relations, organizational development, performance development, and more.
- Ensure workflows for key areas owned are fully mapped into our HRIS systems; and functioning appropriately. Partner with Shared Services lead to ensure proper maintenance.
- Define, manage, and maintain success metrics for owned programs.
- Ensure management and maintenance systematically for owned programs.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR programs, policies and procedures. Identify policy gaps and make and implement recommendations.
- Execute specific Office Management projects in partnership with the REWS (Real Estate & Workplace Services) team.
Business Steward: Work to constantly understand the broader context of People Operations and the overall ServiceTitan business to continuously raise the impact of the overall PeopleOps function and ServiceTitan through constant learning and effective partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders that result in optimum quality of programs and results delivered.
What you’ll need
- 4 - 6 years of progressive HR experience, with a focus on compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information
- Out of this world customer service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a startup culture - comfortable with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and actioning
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and agility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic problem solver and opportunity seeker who is always striving to make things better for the organization to drive performance, retention, and employee sentiment up
- Natural curiosity and grit - you love a challenge and will not give up when things get hard. You will search high and low for a solution and find new and innovative ways to get things done.
- A strong work ethic with utmost integrity
- A no problem, make it happen attitude - you manage to get the work done, and do it all with a smile
- Self-starter, forward thinking planner
- Organized and with a sense of urgency - strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and detail
- Belief that everything you do impacts our people and customers
- Genuinely enjoy collaboration and are invested in individual and team success
- Desire to make an impact and be a part of a talented group of people who learn from each other
Bonus points if..
- You are familiar with UltiPro
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You’ve experienced working in a startup or tech company
- Outstanding ping pong skills are also a plus
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home service companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan’s end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home service industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, comprehensive reporting, Marketing management tools, mobile connectivity for field techs, and Quickbooks integration. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is here to champion the people in home services. ServiceTitan helps them provide a wonderful customer experience, improve sales and more easily manage their business.
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company for 2017
Inc. 5000 – America’s Fastest Growing Companies 2017
Forbes - Next Billion-Dollar Startup List 2017