Greater LA Area
We’re looking for an ambitious, savvy and sharp professional who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you approach your work with a sense of hospitality; you’re passionate about helping people succeed. This new position is responsible for working with the People and Culture team to help create and build a world-class culture that focuses on results and performance. At ChowNow, people come first and therefore this role will be instrumental in ensuring our team has a world-class employee experience at ChowNow!
About the Team:
ChowNow is the ordering platform dedicated to helping local restaurants grow and compete in a sustainable way. At ChowNow, we’re driven by one purpose: to help local restaurants thrive. By helping diners discover their delicious creations and helping restaurants connect with customers new and old.
ChowNow powers branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across the US — via restaurants’ own websites, on Facebook and Google pages, through ChowNow-created apps, and via ChowNow’s website— while also providing our restaurant partners key customer insights and marketing support.
This position is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — just a few minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor!
About the Position:
As our HR Coordinator, you will assist in all of our core HR functions and are specifically responsible for enhancing our employee experience from onboarding to exit.
Reports to the HR Manager; no direct reports.
You will work from our Los Angeles Headquarters, and you will:
- Have an important role in creating a world-class employee experience for our employees by having an intimate knowledge of our HR policies and practices to educate our team
- Serve as a role model for the Company’s culture by embodying the highest standards of performance, behavior, and ethical standards
- Provide exceptional internal customer service to employees and managers, and respond to inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure the confidentiality of HR related information is maintained at all times
Within 30 Days, You'll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Shadow each department for an in depth look into how each team plays their part.
- Be able to navigate our HRIS systems in order to respond to routine employee inquiries regarding time off request, time card edits, and benefit enrollments.
- Understand our onboarding process, and assist the Training Manager with New Hire Orientation scheduling.
- Perform your first quarterly employee file audit.
Within 60 Days, You'll:
- Participate in your first payroll audit.
- Be able to respond to employment verification request within 24 hours.
- Have an understanding of our benefits, and be able to conduct monthly audits to our benefit invoices and enrollment systems.
- Have completed and passed the E-Verify tutorial, and have the ability to successfully process all new hires.
- Conduct your first New Hire 30 Day interview. You’ll report back any issues, and create an action plan for any improvement suggestions.
- Begin to upgrade our People + Culture Knowledge page which houses our benefit, training, and OKR information.
Within 90 Days, You'll:
- Own our Employee Recognition Program. You’ll order flowers for important employee life events, prepare anniversary gifts, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Serve as first tier support to all employee inquiries, directing or escalating issues as needed, to the HR Manager.
- Play a key role in coordinating and planning open enrollment under the leadership of the HR Manager.
- Assist the HR Manager and Director of Recruiting in the development of our Diversity & Inclusion program.
- Begin to shadow the HR Manager in routine meetings in order to continue to develop and sharpen your HR knowledge.
- Ensure all employees have a world-class employee experience with ChowNow!
You Should Apply If You:
- Have 1-2 years of relevant experience in Human Resources
- 1 - 2 years of experience with an HRIS and/or payroll system
- Basic understanding of HR best practice
- Must be able to independently perform simple and diverse administrative duties
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to demonstrate and handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently. Must be willing to take initiative.
- Attention to detail
- Must be flexible and adaptable; demonstrating good judgment, tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Must be customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels and across the organization.
- Responsive, action-oriented, and innovative problem solver.
- Career interest in Human Resources/People + Culture
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description