ReachLocal is searching for an HR Business Partner that will work out of its Woodland Hills office. The Woodland Hills office serves as our Global Corporate Headquarters. The HR Business Partner will partner with key leaders within the organization to provide resources and build relationships focusing on the objectives set by the organization. The role will be focused on all the critical areas of HR including coaching, talent management, performance management, employee relations, talent acquisition and engagement. While there is focus on compliance and administration, the HR Business Partner will be more of a strategic and operational resource for the assigned business units they will support.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in implementing talent strategies that enhance the employee experience. They will also provide sound advice, effective coaching and build relationships with leaders, managers and employees. The HR Business Partner will also lead change management for their assigned business groups. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver and also possess impeccable integrity, good judgement and professionalism.
- Partners with clients to create and drive a strong culture of engaged people to ensure high performance culture stays fun, innovative and remains a great place to work
- Proactively provides recommended strategies to improve ongoing culture improvements and experience
- Leads cross functional HR projects to help drive and improve culture
- Monitor and nurture employee morale, safety, welfare and well being of employees
- Builds strong business relationship with internal clients and acts as single point of contact for the leaders, employees and managers of the assigned business units
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR processes at the client’s side
- Partner with leadership team to drive retention
- Actively identifies gaps, proposes and implement changes to cover risks to the organization
Talent & Performance Management
- Acts as performance management driver and promotes positive change for people management
- Designs succession plans for key talents and key job positions
- Conducts exit interviews and provide feedback to assigned clients
- Takes an active role in performance management program. Ensures 100% compliance with performance reviews and employees receive timely, objective and actionable feedback
- Partner with clients and the recruiters to define the talent needs for the organization
- Work with recruiter and manager to determine the compensation package for new requisitions and candidate offers
- Coordinates employee transfers or promotions into open positions ensuring a smooth process for both employee and manager
Learning & Development
- Partner with client groups and the Learning & Development team to identify and facilitate activities that meet your client’s needs
- Actively participate in all onboarding activities including but not limited to new hire orientation, performance management goal setting and new hire surveys
- Continuously coach managers on how to address employee relations issues and provide feedback to help improve their management skills
- Coach and advise employees on problem resolution
- Support managers in employee discipline actions
HR Leadership, Operations, HRIS & Metrics
- Partners with other HR leaders in Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits and Operations
- Acts as a member of the HR Management Team
- Manages complex HR projects cross-functionality
- Bachelor’s degree
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- 4+ years of HR Business Partner experience
- Understanding of employment law, employee relations, compliance and training
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office, Oracle, Taleo ATS.
About ReachLocal, Inc.
ReachLocal, Inc.’s mission is to help small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) acquire, maintain and retain customers via the Internet. ReachLocal offers a comprehensive suite of online marketing solutions, including search engine marketing (ReachSearch™), Web presence (ReachCast™), display advertising (ReachDisplay™), online marketing analytics (TotalTrack®), and assisted chat service (TotalLiveChat™), each targeted to the SMB market. ReachLocal delivers this suite of services to SMBs through a combination of its proprietary technology platform and its direct, “feet-on-the-street” sales force of Internet Marketing Consultants and select third party agencies and resellers. ReachLocal is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA, with offices throughout North America and in Australia, the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands and Japan.
ReachLocal is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.