Head of Recruiting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Head of Recruiting will lead the strategy, team, and resources responsible for both local and international recruiting operations. This role requires a leader who will engage and develop team members at all levels of experience, utilizing their unique skills and diverse interests. You will guide strategy development, prioritize requisitions, establish metrics, and allocate resources to take the team to the next level. This individual will work closely with executives, develop relationships with hiring managers, and ensure a great hiring experience for all candidates.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable processes, tools, systems and trainings necessary to support the recruiting function globally.
- Partner with stakeholders to determine recruiting priorities and capacity.
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance related to job creation, interviewing best practices, offer negotiations, and recruiting functions.
- Design and implement the appropriate processes, tools, systems, and training necessary to scale and support the growing recruiting function.
- Ensure outstanding candidate experience and an exceptional talent acquisition process.
- Identify and develop relevant recruitment metrics, utilizing dashboards to track team performance, create recruiting reports, and inform business decisions.
- Optimize recruiting tools and practices, to ensure compliance, consistency, and integrity.
- Lead innovative sourcing strategies to attract top talent for executive searches and high-priority technical requisitions.
- Partner on the implementation of the managed service providers and streamline of the use of their temporary or contingent hiring services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of broad recruiting and leadership experience in Talent Acquisition or Human Resources
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience leading a robust team of full-cycle recruiters in a high-growth environment.
- Direct, hands-on experience hiring for Engineering, Operations, Corporate Development, and Production competitive markets.
- Experience in executive recruiting for various business functions.
- Global experience, with knowledge of international employment, immigration laws, and government compliance regulations.
- Proven ability to use data to optimize the recruiting processes, develop innovative strategies, increase applicant pipelines, and present findings to the executive team.
- Experience managing a high-volume requisition load with competing demands from various business groups.
- Capable of managing immediate priorities while anticipating future needs.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and leading others through change.
- Strong team player who emphasizes team success over individual success.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description