Head of Recruiting
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
The Head of Recruiting will lead the strategy, team, and resources responsible for both local and international recruiting operations. This role requires a leader who will engage and develop team members at all levels of experience, utilizing their unique skills and diverse interests. You will guide strategy development, prioritize requisitions, establish metrics, and allocate resources to take the team to the next level. This individual will work closely with executives, develop relationships with hiring managers, and ensure a great hiring experience for all candidates.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement and maintain scalable processes, tools, systems and trainings necessary to support the recruiting function globally.
- Partner with stakeholders to determine recruiting priorities and capacity.
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance related to job creation, interviewing best practices, offer negotiations, and recruiting functions.
- Design and implement the appropriate processes, tools, systems, and training necessary to scale and support the growing recruiting function.
- Ensure outstanding candidate experience and an exceptional talent acquisition process.
- Identify and develop relevant recruitment metrics, utilizing dashboards to track team performance, create recruiting reports, and inform business decisions.
- Optimize recruiting tools and practices, to ensure compliance, consistency, and integrity.
- Lead innovative sourcing strategies to attract top talent for executive searches and high-priority technical requisitions.
- Partner on the implementation of the managed service providers and streamline of the use of their temporary or contingent hiring services.
What You'll Have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of broad recruiting and leadership experience in Talent Acquisition or Human Resources
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
What You'll Need
- Experience leading a robust team of full-cycle recruiters in a high-growth environment.
- Direct, hands-on experience hiring for Engineering, Operations, Corporate Development, and Production competitive markets.
- Experience in executive recruiting for various business functions.
- Global experience, with knowledge of international employment, immigration laws, and government compliance regulations.
- Proven ability to use data to optimize the recruiting processes, develop innovative strategies, increase applicant pipelines, and present findings to the executive team.
- Experience managing a high-volume requisition load with competing demands from various business groups.
- Capable of managing immediate priorities while anticipating future needs.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and leading others through change.
- Strong team player who emphasizes team success over individual success.
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description